Town & Country Guttering’s fire escape is a permanent, but collapsible, safety ladder for emergency use in the event of a fire in your home, to help you, and your family, escape quickly, easily and safely from an upper storey window.
Once installed on an outside wall of your home our fire escape folds away neatly and discreetly to resemble an unobtrusive rainwater downpipe, and is weather-resistant and maintenance free.
Building Regulations now require all first floor bedrooms or living rooms to have an ‘escape window’ with a clear unobstructed opening of not less than 0.33m2. at least 450mm high by 450mm wide and not more than 1100mm above the floor.
In case of fire in a two storey building. Fire Escape would be essential for a safe descent from such an escape window.
• Unobtrusive and discreet appearance
• Compact in size – robust in strength
• Serrated white rungs ensure a safe and visible foothold
• Opens from the top, eliminating security problems
• Works with gravity for increased stability
• Scientifically tested (Queen’s University. Belfast)
• Choice of matt black or semigloss white finish
• Most windows can be modified to accept our fire escape